500g minced lamb
1 medium onion(s)
1 stick celery
1 medium carrot(s)
175ml lamb stock
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
salt and ground pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even sized chunks. Transfer to a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and boil for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling, preheat the oven to 200ºC. Add the oil to a frying pan and fry the onion, celery and carrot over a medium heat for about 2 -3 minutes or until they soften.
- Add the lamb to the pan and cook for five minutes or until the lamb mince browns. 4. Stir in the tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce. Carry on stirring for a couple of minutes and then add the stock. Season to taste before leaving to simmer for five minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the saucepan. Mash using a potato masher whilst adding the milk and butter. Continue until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the mince mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato. Fluff the surface using a fork to give the surface a crispy texture.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the potato topping turns golden brown.